Psalm 119:113-120 (KJV)
113 I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
114 Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.
115 Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.
116 Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.
117 Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.
118 Thou hast trodden down all them that err from thy statutes: for their deceit is falsehood.
119 Thou puttest away all the wicked of the earth like dross: therefore I love thy testimonies.
120 My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; and I am afraid of thy judgments.
When is the last time you got your hands dirty for Christ?
I’m not talking about your ecumenical volunteer work, or punching in your PIN at the ATM to give money to African orphans as though that excuses you from selling out for Christ. I’m talking about uncomfortable, undeniable, unadulterated gospel living that risks something.
Consider one of these:
- Giving a clear gospel presentation to people you know are unsaved, unchurched
- Going out of your comfort zone on purpose to further the gospel
- Putting more energy into furthering the gospel than your hobbies
- Telling someone the truth instead of staying silent
- Refusing to gossip and explaining why at the risk of being shunned by those who do
- Risking relationships for the gospel
- Risking your health for the gospel
- Risking your wealth for the gospel
- Risking your life for the gospel
Has it been 3 days? 30 days? 30 years? Ever?
View original post 1,193 more words
Philippians 4: 4-8 (KJV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.